- Exeter Village Ordinances - Chapter 1 Civil Admini...
- Exeter Village Ordinances: Municipal Planning
- Exeter Village Ordinances: Fire Regulations
- Exeter Village Ordinances: Public Utilities
- Exeter Village Ordninances: Public Ways and Proper...
- Exeter Village Ordinances: Business Regulations
- Exeter Village Ordinances: Vehicles and Traffic
- Exeter Village Ordinances: Misdemeanors
- Exeter Village Ordinances - Commissions and Boards...
- Stories from Exeter
- Photos from Exeter
- Exeter's Strategic Plan
- Exeter Community Guide
- Exeter Aquatic Center Rules
Sunday, March 13, 2016
Exeter-Milligan Update: MakerSpace
by Marla Weber
Elementary students at Exeter-Milligan participate in MakerSpace. What is MakerSpace? It is a place and a time provided for creativity and innovation to occur. Students have the freedom to tinker, design, create, build and even collaborate with fellow students. MakerSpaces have become quite popular across the United States. At Exeter-Milligan, students have the opportunity to participate in this after-school monthly event. Resources to build and create with are provided through donations from district patrons and a few purchased items. Students peruse the materials available (cardboard, ribbon, parts of electronic tools, paint, etc) and make choices about what they want to create during the time provided. Each month on the fourth Tuesday between 3:45 and 5:00 students can use the time to make whatever they want. Sponsors for this time are teachers Lisa Soukup and Marla Weber. Themes for each month are provided and help students think of what they are going to create, but they are not limited to following the theme. Almost anything goes at MakerSpace. To learn more about MakeSpace, go to the Exeter-Milligan website and navigate to MakerSpace.
Posted by Leesa Bartu at 7:30 AM