Do some good this summer and donate blood through the American Red Cross. many people in the United States view summer as a time to unwind and relax, but the Red Cross wants to remind everyone that the need for blood is constant.
"Each year, nearly 5 million people need blood transfusion," said Tricia Rubens, CEO of the Red Cross Blood Services Midwest Region. "To help meet this constant need, it is important for people to donate blood regularly,"
Blood transfusions are needed for the treatment of many diseases and conditions, and for surgeries, By making blood donation part of your lifestyle, you help provide more than 38,000 pints of blood needed for patients at hospitals across the nation each day.
The need for blood is constant and the gratification is instant. Make an appointment to donate blood today and you can change a life, starting with your own.
In Exeter, the next blood drive will be June 26th from noon to 5:30 p.m. at the American Legion Home. To schedule an appointment call Doris Hall at 266-2841 or Ruth Ekeler at 266-8861. Remember to bring a Photo ID and drink plenty of fluids. Some of the requirements have changed recently to allow for more people to be eligible to donate blood. Check the requirements at givebloodgivelife.org to find out more.
- Exeter Village Ordinances - Chapter 1 Civil Admini...
- Exeter Village Ordinances: Municipal Planning
- Exeter Village Ordinances: Fire Regulations
- Exeter Village Ordinances: Public Utilities
- Exeter Village Ordninances: Public Ways and Proper...
- Exeter Village Ordinances: Business Regulations
- Exeter Village Ordinances: Vehicles and Traffic
- Exeter Village Ordinances: Misdemeanors
- Exeter Village Ordinances - Commissions and Boards...
- Stories from Exeter
- Photos from Exeter
- Exeter's Strategic Plan
- Exeter Community Guide
- Exeter Aquatic Center Rules