- Exeter Village Ordinances - Chapter 1 Civil Admini...
- Exeter Village Ordinances: Municipal Planning
- Exeter Village Ordinances: Fire Regulations
- Exeter Village Ordinances: Public Utilities
- Exeter Village Ordninances: Public Ways and Proper...
- Exeter Village Ordinances: Business Regulations
- Exeter Village Ordinances: Vehicles and Traffic
- Exeter Village Ordinances: Misdemeanors
- Exeter Village Ordinances - Commissions and Boards...
- Stories from Exeter
- Photos from Exeter
- Exeter's Strategic Plan
- Exeter Community Guide
- Exeter Aquatic Center Rules
- Exeter Service Record Book World War I and II
VILLAGE OF EXETER
This blog is sponsored by the Village of Exeter and it is for all the past, present and future residents of Exeter. It is a place to comment on the happenings of Exeter and your place to inform the community
Wednesday, October 29, 2008
Village of Exeter Receives Grant for Recycling Trailer
The Village of Exeter has been notified that they will receive a grant from the Nebraska State Recycling Association. The $13,500 awarded to the village is earmarked to purchase a recycling sorting trailer which will be placed closed to downtown.
This trailer will allow all residents to sort and drop off their own recycling whenever they want to. Currently, Exeter area recyclers must meet volunteers at the recycling trailer just outside of town on the second Saturday of the month during the hour and half the trailer is open.
On Wednesday, July 30th, Steve Andrews, a representative of the Nebraska State Recycling Association, met with Joyce Votipka and Leesa Bartu. They toured the town with Andrews, showing him the current trailers location and its downfalls. Andrews then asked to see the rest of the village asking questions about economic development and growth within the village. He was most impressed with the overwhelming response to the swimming pool bond issue.
The recycling trailer will be built in Nebraska by Dempster Industries out of Beatrice. It should be ready in the next six weeks and be in place before the holidays. The Village Board has not determined the final resting place of the trailer but the public will be informed when it is place. For more information post your questions here on the village of exeter blog or call Leesa Bartu at 266-3651.