Norman Leo Yound was born to Emmett Yound and Myrtle Simnit Yound on April 10, 1935, in Brandtford, KS, and passed away on Friday, July 24, 2020, in Lincoln, NE, at the age of 85 years, 3 months and 14 days. He was the oldest of three children.
Norm attended and graduated
from Washington Kansas High School in 1954. On April 3, 1955, Norm
married Carol Elaine Johnson, and to this union six children were born.
In 1970, Norm and Carol moved to Exeter, NE from Washington, KS and
opened Norm’s IGA. Norm and Carol worked together in the grocery store
until his retirement in 1999. They enjoyed their retirement years
together traveling the United States by bus and car.
very active in the Exeter community through the United Church of Christ,
Senior Center and Fire Department. In his free time he enjoyed
woodworking, especially building toys and helping anyone who needed a
hand. His favorite activity was spending time with his family.
He is survived by children Sandy (Myron) Zoubek of Milligan, NE, Cindy
Yound of David City, NE, Greg (Jackie) Yound of Exeter, NE, Scott
(Jeanette) Yound of Grand Island, NE, Sara (Darrell) Oltman of Lincoln,
NE, and Shari Yound of Roeland Park, KS, sister and brother-in-law Verda
and Larry Lindsley and sister-in-law Karel Johnson, three nieces and a
Norm is also survived by his grandchildren Matt
(Marissa) Zoubek, Jeremy (Liz) Zoubek, Brandon (TylerAnn) Zoubek, Lara
(Greg) Gerlach, Anthony Yound, Travis (Justina) Yound and Erica (Brady)
Vossler, Jennifer (Jeff) Lasker, Nathan (Talisha) Yound, Ashley (Brett)
Dorcey and Adam Oltman, and his great grandchildren Presley, Treygan and
Macie Zoubek, Addyson Zoubek, Weston and Palmer Yound, Spencer and Zoey
Lasker and Axel Yound.
- Exeter Village Ordinances - Chapter 1 Civil Admini...
- Exeter Village Ordinances: Municipal Planning
- Exeter Village Ordinances: Fire Regulations
- Exeter Village Ordinances: Public Utilities
- Exeter Village Ordninances: Public Ways and Proper...
- Exeter Village Ordinances: Business Regulations
- Exeter Village Ordinances: Vehicles and Traffic
- Exeter Village Ordinances: Misdemeanors
- Exeter Village Ordinances - Commissions and Boards...
- Stories from Exeter
- Photos from Exeter
- Exeter's Strategic Plan
- Exeter Community Guide
- Exeter Aquatic Center Rules
- Exeter Service Record Book World War I and II
VILLAGE OF EXETER
This blog is sponsored by the Village of Exeter and it is for all the past, present and future residents of Exeter. It is a place to comment on the happenings of Exeter and your place to inform the community