- Exeter Village Ordinances - Chapter 1 Civil Admini...
- Exeter Village Ordinances: Municipal Planning
- Exeter Village Ordinances: Fire Regulations
- Exeter Village Ordinances: Public Utilities
- Exeter Village Ordninances: Public Ways and Proper...
- Exeter Village Ordinances: Business Regulations
- Exeter Village Ordinances: Vehicles and Traffic
- Exeter Village Ordinances: Misdemeanors
- Exeter Village Ordinances - Commissions and Boards...
- Stories from Exeter
- Photos from Exeter
- Exeter's Strategic Plan
- Exeter Community Guide
- Exeter Aquatic Center Rules
- Exeter Service Record Book World War I and II
VILLAGE OF EXETER
This blog is sponsored by the Village of Exeter and it is for all the past, present and future residents of Exeter. It is a place to comment on the happenings of Exeter and your place to inform the community
Saturday, July 8, 2017
Exeter History: R.N.A.
Online research indicates that R.N.A. (Royal Neighbors Association) was formed by women in 1895 when they could not vote, own property or purchase life insurance. They often supported the suffragette movement and the group was initially started by wives of members of the fraternal order Modern Woodmen of America. According to "This is Exeter," the Exeter chapter of the Royal Neights of America was organized in 1897 was a charter membership of 22. "At one time the R.N.A. in Exeter had a precision drill team which perfomed at many celebrations locally and in other towns. The Milligan and Cordova lodges transferred to Exeter Camp 504."
Posted by Leesa Bartu at 7:30 AM