Kara Myers here, the local Speech Pathologist for
Exeter-Milligan schools. Here to explain a little about
what I do and why I do it. My job is wonderful. Not only
do I get to work with some students on a one-on-one basis, I
also get to work with preschool students all the way up to
seniors in high school!
My days are always different and
packed full of helping students with each of their
individual needs. In a typical day I may see a group of
elementary/preschool students and work on the /r/, /k/, or
/l/ sound. Then I may see a group of junior or high school
students. I assist them in understanding what they have
learned in class or helping them with such things as
organizing their thoughts for oral book reports and speeches
or utilizing webs and outlines for written activities. It
is always rewarding helping students find the best way that
they learn and teaching them strategies to help during their
This year I also was given the opportunity to participate in
the new reading program. I teach a reading group consisting
of six students during one of the reading times. The
students I see are 1st and 2nd graders that do not have any
speech and language difficulties. It has been fun watching
these kids grow and learn how to read more fluently while
also comprehending what they have read!
- Exeter Village Ordinances - Chapter 1 Civil Admini...
- Exeter Village Ordinances: Municipal Planning
- Exeter Village Ordinances: Fire Regulations
- Exeter Village Ordinances: Public Utilities
- Exeter Village Ordninances: Public Ways and Proper...
- Exeter Village Ordinances: Business Regulations
- Exeter Village Ordinances: Vehicles and Traffic
- Exeter Village Ordinances: Misdemeanors
- Exeter Village Ordinances - Commissions and Boards...
- Stories from Exeter
- Photos from Exeter
- Exeter's Strategic Plan
- Exeter Community Guide
- Exeter Aquatic Center Rules